
London's Chicest Secret: The Resident Covent Garden's Stunning Makeover!
London's Chicest Secret: The Resident Covent Garden - A Review, With Hiccups & Heart
Alright, alright, let's talk about The Resident Covent Garden. They’ve had this "stunning makeover," right? And honestly? I’m always up for a chic London secret. Especially when it involves a comfy bed and a decent cup of coffee. So, I went. I stayed. And now, I’m here to tell you all about it, warts and all. Because let's be real, life ain't perfect, and neither is any hotel… not even a chic one. And frankly, that's what makes it interesting, right?
First things first: Accessibility. Okay, this is where things get… mixed. While the website says they have facilities for disabled guests, and an elevator (thank GOD), I didn't dive deep into specific room options for wheelchair users. I did notice the front desk was easily accessible, though. So, if accessibility is a must, I’d suggest calling ahead and verifying. Don't want any unpleasant surprises.
Booking Recommendation: Before you book, check with the hotel about the accessibility of the specific room that you are booking.
Getting Around: The location? Stellar. Covent Garden itself is a pedestrian paradise. You’re close to everything: theatres, shops, the Royal Opera House… I mean, it's Covent Garden. You can practically roll out of bed and into the action. They have a car park, and even a car charging station that I didn't use but I saw, which is a nice touch for the greener travellers! Plus, the Tube is super close, so… yes, great location. The taxi service felt a bit overpriced, but what's new in London?
On-Site Bliss (Or Lack Thereof): This is where things get… interesting. The Resident isn’t the place for a full-blown spa experience (no pool with a view that I saw.) Instead, you're paying for the location and the promise of a stylish, comfortable stay. There's no spa or gym or any of that stuff on site – definitely a drawback if you're one to start your day with a massage. My inner sloth was slightly disappointed, but hey, London's outside the door.
Internet & Techy Stuff: Okay, the crucial stuff. YES! Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Hallelujah! I didn't have any issues, the connection was blazing fast and smooth. The internet worked in shared spaces too, which means I could upload a quick Instagram story while sipping my coffee. Internet [LAN] is also available. You know, just in case you have very specific needs.
Dining, Drinking & Snacking: This is where The Resident Covent Garden surprises. They don't have a massive restaurant. No breakfast buffet overflowing with pastries (boo, but also, good for the waistline?). But…! They DO have a breakfast service, delivered to your room! And honestly? I'm a sucker for breakfast in bed. I opted for the "grab and go" option a couple of times when I was in a rush, and it was super easy. No need to feel guilty if you have a long day. And the "buffet in restaurant" is a plus.
They also serve a small selection of snacks and drinks and have a bar. I appreciated the bottle of water they give you. It's the small things, you know? Though, to be ultra honest, I would have loved an actual restaurant with a proper menu. The lack of a full-blown dining experience felt slightly…limiting. No late-night burger cravings satisfied here. Bummer.
The Room - My Honest Take: The room itself? Chic. Modern. Clean. The dĂ©cor is muted elegance: think dark wood, crisp white linens, and a really stylish feel. I had a non-smoking room (another positive – essential for me!). Air conditioning was a godsend during that mini-heatwave we had, and the blackout curtains are a lifesaver for those light-sensitive London nights. There was a desk, and a coffee/tea maker, which is essential for me. Small things but a huge plus.
Cleanliness and Safety: Now, in the age of… well, gestures vaguely at the world, cleanliness is everything. The Resident Covent Garden clearly takes it seriously. I saw daily disinfection in common areas, and there was hand sanitizer everywhere. They offer room sanitization opt-out available, if you’re feeling extra cautious, and they use professional-grade sanitizing services. Plus, staff are trained in safety protocols. All good stuff, seriously.
Services and Conveniences: Now for the "nice to haves". The front desk is 24 hours - huge plus for late-night arrivals. There's a concierge who were helpful with directions (a lifesaver in London!), and they offer daily housekeeping. Luggage storage is available so I was lucky enough to store my luggage before my trip. They have a dry cleaning and laundry service, which I didn't use but am sure is a god-send for a business trip. I loved the convenience store.
Staff: The staff? Friendly and efficient; they made the check-in process super easy and I love that they are offering contactless check-in/out. Also, I can tell you that there is a doorman.
The "Chic" Factor: Honestly? The Resident Covent Garden delivers on the "chic" promise. It feels stylish, well-designed, and it's centrally located which helped me to go from one place to the other! It's perfect for someone who wants a stylish basecamp for exploring London, not a gigantic resort-style hotel with all the bells and whistles.
Here's the reality check:
- There are no on-site restaurants with a variety of cuisines
- Does not offer a full Spa
- Accessibility might be limited
Overall Vibe - The Good, The Bad, and the "Worth It":
Okay, so The Resident Covent Garden isn't perfect. But let's be honest, perfection is boring. They've got those shortcomings but I was still really happy I went. It's a well-designed, comfortable, and clean hotel in a fantastic location. I'd definitely go back, and I definitely recommend it, but I think it is suited for a specific kind of person.
My Verdict: The Resident Covent Garden is a solid choice if you prioritize location, style, and a comfortable room over extensive on-site amenities. It's perfect for the traveler who wants to be in the heart of the action, explore London, and retreat to a stylish, well-appointed room at the end of the day.
My Quirky Touch: As I was writing this review, I actually spilled coffee on my laptop. Classic. It was completely my fault, but I had to run and find some wipes to remove it!
SEO-Focused Booking Offer:
Headline: Escape to London's Chicest Secret: The Resident Covent Garden - Now With Stunning New Makeover!
Body:
Tired of the same old London hotels? Crave a stylish escape in the heart of the action? Look no further than The Resident Covent Garden! Experience our stunning new makeover, where modern elegance meets unparalleled convenience.
Why Choose The Resident Covent Garden?
- Prime Location: Steps from Covent Garden's vibrant theatres, shops, and iconic landmarks.
- Stylish Sanctuary: Immerse yourself in our beautifully designed rooms, featuring modern décor, luxurious linens, and thoughtful amenities including Free Wi-Fi in All Rooms!
- Daily Breakfast delivered to your room, guaranteeing a productive day of exploration
- Hygiene Certification: Your health and safety are our top priorities, with rigorous cleanliness protocols throughout the hotel.
- Experience London from the inside, and enjoy the city's prime location and high-end amenities!
Limited-Time Offer:
Book your stay at The Resident Covent Garden today and unlock exclusive perks:
- **Complimentary Upgrade on Select Room Types **
- Complimentary Welcome Beverage upon arrival
Click Here to Book Now and Discover Your London Adventure! (Insert your affiliate links here)
Target Keywords:
- London Hotels
- Covent Garden Hotels
- The Resident Covent Garden
- Luxury Hotels London
- Best hotels London
- Free Wi-Fi London
- Hotel Makeover London
- Covent Garden Accommodation

Okay, hold onto your hats (and maybe a pack of emergency biscuits – you'll see why later), because here's a travel itinerary for The Resident Covent Garden, that's less "polished travel brochure" and more "diary of a slightly unhinged, yet deeply enthusiastic, tourist." Buckle up.
The Resident Covent Garden: My Chaotic London Adventure (and Possibly My Sanity's Demise)
Day 1: Arrival and Immediate Chaos (AKA "Where Did I Put My Passport? Again!")
- 1:00 PM: Arrive at Heathrow. Oh, the joy. The absolute, unadulterated joy of standing in a queue that feels like it stretches to the moon. The passport check guy looked like he hadn't smiled since the Blitz. Honestly, I half-expected him to ask for my life story along with my visa.
- 1:45 PM: Found my luggage! (Miracle of miracles. I suspect a small act of divine intervention.) Now, finding the train to central London… That's a whole other saga.
- 2:30 PM: Managed not to accidentally board a train headed to Slough. Go me!
- 3:30 PM: Arrive at Covent Garden and, after a Herculean effort involving a bewildered TfL employee and a particularly aggressive pigeon, finally arrive at The Resident. And wow. It’s tiny. Like, really tiny. But strategically tiny, if that makes sense. I'm in Room 207.
- First Impression: Okay, the room is a shoebox, but a stylish shoebox. The bed looks comfy. The Nespresso machine is a beacon of hope. And the bathroom, bless its tiny heart, is surprisingly functional. I’ll take it. For now.
- 4:00 PM: Unpack. (Or attempt to. My suitcase seems to have a vendetta against order.) Discover I’ve packed three pairs of identical black socks and no proper walking shoes. Sigh. This trip is off to a flying start.
- 4:30 PM: The dreaded "where to eat?" dilemma. Covent Garden is a food minefield. Too many options. Panic sets in.
- Decision: Wander aimlessly (expert level) and see what strikes my fancy. (Spoiler alert: everything looks delicious and I end up paralyzed with indecision.)
- 5:30 PM: First Meal: Finally settled on a little Italian place, tucked away near the piazza. Ordered pasta. Ate pasta. Regretted ordering the garlic bread because: well, I can't eat garlic bread unless my breath is going to be an issue.
- 7:00 PM: Covent Garden exploration. Oh, the buskers! A guitarist with the voice of an angel, a juggling act that nearly gave me a nervous breakdown (how do they do that?!), and a mime who looked incredibly bored. Honestly, the mime was the most relatable. And the street performers, all of them, were just… present. It’s the closest I’ve been to something approximating “Culture” in a very long time!
- 8:30 PM: Chocolate and chamomile tea in my tiny, lovely room. Bliss. Or so I thought.
- 9:00 PM: Attempt to watch TV. Remote control fails. Become irrationally angry at the TV. Discover the hotel staff has left me some little chocolates, which, of course, makes everything better.
- 10:00 PM: Collapse in the comfy bed. Exhausted but ecstatic. England, I'm here! (And I've only mildly embarrassed myself so far!)
- 10:30 PM: Sleep: Soundly.
Day 2: Triumphs, Tribulations, and the Great British Breakfast Mystery
- 7:00 AM: Wake up, raring to go. Determined to conquer this city.
- 7:15 AM: Coffee from the Nespresso. This machine is a godsend. Seriously.
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast. (This is where things get… interesting.) The hotel offers a continental breakfast. It was… sparse. I’m not going to lie, I was expecting a banquet. But, the yogurt was nice (but I'm not a yogurt person!). Note to self: Find a proper fry-up.
- 9:00 AM: The British Museum. Holy smokes. So much stuff. SO. MUCH. STUFF. The Rosetta Stone nearly brought me to tears (the beauty, the history!). The Elgin Marbles… well, let’s politely say I’m conflicted. (I’m still wrestling with my feelings on the whole thing, actually.)
- 12:00 PM: Lunch. A quick sandwich from a deli near the museum. Delicious, and I inhaled it in about three bites because, frankly, I was famished.
- 1:00 PM: Finding a place to cry. Did you know that's even a thing? I was tired and confused and so overwhelmed. I would have given all the gold in the world for a quiet space.
- 1:30 PM: Wandered into a small little tea shop. Ordered a cup of Earl Grey. I felt a little better, but that might have been the sugar from the associated biscuit.
- 2:30 PM: Covent Garden Market. Absolutely crammed. The energy is electric. But the crowds! The tourists! The sheer volume of people made me want to turn around and go back into the safety of my tiny, lovely room. But I fought the urge (mostly).
- 3:30 PM: The Theatre Royal, Drury Lane. (Yes, I went to another place that made me feel like I was going to cry.) One of the world's oldest theatres, which, of course, made me feel ancient. The architecture is ridiculously beautiful.
- 4:30 PM: Attempted to buy tickets for a show. Failed. The lady at the box office seemed to think I was speaking a foreign language when I asked about pricing. Note to self: Learn another language.
- 5:00 PM: Tea and a scone (with clotted cream, HELL YES) at a random tea room, because if I don’t embrace the tea culture, what am I even doing here?
- 6:30 PM: Dinner. Found a pub! Ordered fish and chips. Proper, greasy, wonderful fish and chips. Felt like a true Londoner.
- 8:00 PM: Back to the room. The quiet, calming sanctuary. The little chocolates? Gave me another sugar rush.
- 9:00 PM: Attempt to plan tomorrow. Fail. Panic sets in.
- 10:00 PM: Collapse in bed. (Maybe I'll get up earlier and get a proper fry-up this time.)
Day 3: The Search for the Perfect Fry-Up and a Near-Death Experience (Okay, Fine, Just a Bad Taxi Ride)
- 7:00 AM: Wake up. Determined. Fry-up is my mission.
- 7:30 AM: Research breakfast places. Read reviews. Panic. (I am, as you may have guessed, a chronic over-thinker.)
- 8:00 AM: Success! Found a little greasy spoon cafe a short walk from the hotel. The fry-up was epic. The best bacon of my life. The black pudding… well, let’s just say I tried it.
- 9:00 AM: The Churchill War Rooms. Wow. Just, wow. The atmosphere. The history. The sheer, unadulterated awesomeness of it all. Slightly overwhelmed.
- 11:00 AM: A scenic walk along the Thames. Beautiful, until I nearly got run over by a cyclist who looked like he was auditioning for the Tour de France.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch. Grabbed a sandwich from a local bakery. Lovely, but my appetite is still running a little bit off.
- 1:00 PM: Headed back to The Resident to change my clothes.
- 2:00 PM: Decided to hire a taxi. (Regret immediately.) The driver talked non-stop, drove like a maniac, and nearly gave me a heart attack. The worst taxi ride of my life.
- 2:30 PM: The Tower of London. Pretty incredible, even if the Tower of London is so much bigger in person than the pictures make it seem. Saw the Crown Jewels (bling, bling!). The ravens? Creepy, but cool.
- 4:00 PM: More tea. (Shocking, I know.) Needed to calm down after the taxi ordeal.
- 5:00 PM: The Tower Bridge. Such a beautiful piece of architecture! Took a lot of photos.
- **6:

Resident Covent Garden: Back and Better...Maybe? Your Chaotic Guide to the New Look!
Okay, spill it. What's *actually* different about The Resident Covent Garden post-makeover? Don't give me the PR spiel.
Alright, alright, settle down. Forget the corporate drivel about "reimagining spaces." They've basically given the whole place a face lift, right? New carpets (thank GOD), updated furniture (some of it actually *looks* comfortable – a win!), and a general "modern cool" vibe. Think less stuffy old school London and more, well, slightly less-stuffy *new* school London. My personal experience? I went in expecting a transformation, and well... it's definitely *different*. I felt like a little bit of the old charm went out of the window, only to be replaced by something a bit…sterile. I'll admit, I was expecting a full-blown revolution, not just a slightly enhanced version of the hotel I already knew and loved. They've definitely tidied things up, but whether that's a good thing? Jury's still out, honestly.
Is the location still as ridiculously convenient? Because let's be honest, that was half the appeal.
THANK GOD, yes! Covent Garden, darling, is still just steps away. You can practically roll out of bed and stumble into a show, a charming café, or get lost in a bookshop, no sweat. That, my friends, is the *real* Resident Covent Garden MVP. Being able to ditch your bags and be roaming the market in 5 minutes is a godsend, especially when you're battling jet lag or just want to avoid the tube. Honestly, that's the one thing they *couldn't* mess up. And thankfully, they didn't. Phew.
The Rooms – are they still the same shoebox-esque size? Because my claustrophobia levels are already rising…
Okay, let’s be brutally honest. They're small. Really small. Like, "can't swing a cat without knocking over a lamp" small. Did they change the size? No. Were they *cleverly* designed to maximize space? In some ways, yes, in others... no. They’ve absolutely refined them though. The new colour palettes are brighter, the storage is better (thank heavens for that!), and they’ve managed to make the tiny bathrooms feel less like a prison cell. But you still might struggle if you're a six-foot-tall fella or travelling with a mountain of luggage. My advice? Pack light. And if you're feeling claustrophobic, just keep telling yourself it’s a *London experience*. You're meant to be out exploring, not lounging around! Still – I felt a bit like I'd accidentally booked a cruise ship cabin on my first visit, though. Tiny!
Breakfast! Tell me about the breakfast situation. Is it still a continental grab-and-go? Or have they, like, *finally* upped their game?
Okay, this is where things get...complicated. See, on my first visit, it was the same tired continental deal. Dry croissants and weak coffee. My heart SANK. However, *apparently*, they're now running a "hot breakfast" option, which I didn't see on my first visit. Supposedly, you can order eggs and the like. But here's the catch: I didn't actually *experience* this, because I was so traumatized by the memory of the old breakfast, I took one look at the display on the first morning and ran for the hills (aka, a proper bakery in Covent Garden). So… *maybe* it's better? I’ve heard whispers. But I encourage you to check it out and report back. Please! I'm still haunted by those stale pastries.
What about the staff? Still the friendly faces we all love?
YES! Thank goodness, the staff are still absolutely lovely. The heart and soul of this place. Honestly, they are the shining beacons of the Resident Covent Garden experience. They are warm, helpful, and unfailingly polite, even when dealing with stressed-out travellers (like yours truly, on multiple occasions). They're the ones who will make your stay enjoyable, no matter what. A huge shout-out to them, they really are the best. They make you feel welcome, even when you're feeling a bit bewildered by the room situation. Honestly, they could probably sell sand to the Sahara.
Any Quirks and Annoyances? Anything I should be prepared for?
Oh honey, prepare yourself. There are always quirks. Firstly, the lift can be a bit…temperamental. It’s tiny, so be prepared to squeeze in with fellow guests like sardines. And if you’re on a high floor, be prepared to wait. Or walk. Seriously. Second, noise levels can be… unpredictable. Covent Garden is a vibrant area. You WILL hear street performers, late-night revelers, and the occasional screaming ambulance. Earplugs are your friend. Like, your best friend. Thirdly… (and this might sound petty but it irked me), sometimes the Wi-Fi is a bit dodgy. Which, in this day and age, is a cardinal sin. You've been warned!
So, overall – would you recommend The Resident Covent Garden post-makeover? Give it to me straight!
Ugh, this is a tough one. Overall? It's a mixed bag, isn’t it? On the one hand, the location is *gold*. You can’t beat it. The staff are fantastic. The rooms are… functional, now with slightly better aesthetics. On the other hand, the rooms are still small, the breakfast still questionable based on my experience, and a little piece of the old charm is gone. I do think it's improved, but whether it will be my go-to option now, I don't know. I'd give it a tentative "yes" *with caveats*. If you're a light packer, a light sleeper, and prioritize location above all else, then yes, absolutely, stay! If you need space to spread out, you want a gourmet breakfast and you're super sensitive to noise? Maybe look elsewhere. If you manage your expectations, I am sure you will have a perfectly good time. I am just a bit nostalgic for the old one, and I do miss it!
Okay, okay, let's get real. The bathrooms. Did they do *anything* with the bathrooms?!
Right, the bathrooms. Oh, the bathrooms. Okay. They're better. They're *definitely* better. I'm not talking palatial suites here, we still have the same tiny footprint. But the lighting is improved, the showers (thankfully) work properly, and the fixtures *look* modern for a change. They've actually managed to make the space feel...less claustrophobic. It's still a bit of a squeeze, but you can at least brush your teeth without bumping elbows with the toilet. *This* is a win!Web Hotel Search Site

