
Escape to Paradise: Fletcher Hotel Avegoor's Unbelievable Luxury Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the supposed "paradise" that is Escape to Paradise: Fletcher Hotel Avegoor. And let me tell you, I'm not just regurgitating a brochure here. I've got opinions, feelings, and a serious caffeine dependency to fuel this review. Prepare for the rollercoaster!
First Impressions (and the Great Elevator Adventure)
Let's be honest, getting anywhere can be a pain, and Accessibility is supposed to be key. We're talking about hotels that CLAIM to cater to everyone. Okay, Avegoor… you got me at "car park [free of charge]". Score one for the budget! But, and this is a BIG but, the first thing I noticed was the Elevator. Is it… slow? Understated? Let's just say it gave me plenty of time to contemplate the meaning of life. And whether or not I really needed that extra pastry at breakfast. Muttering about a "Facilities for disabled guests" while eyeing the stairs. Just saying, if you're hauling luggage or have any mobility issues… pack a book. And maybe snacks.
Rooms: The Good, the Slightly Odd, and the Towel Situation
Alright, let's cut to the chase: the Rooms were generally pleasant. Air conditioning? Check. Thank the heavens, because Dutch summers can be brutal (or so they claim). Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise be! I could actually work in peace (mostly). The Internet access – wireless was surprisingly stable most of the time. Oh, and Free bottled water? Always a win in my book. Also, I appreciated the Blackout curtains. Sleep is sacred, people!
BUT… there were imperfections. I'm looking directly at the lack of Additional toilet. Raises eyebrow You know, a girl sometimes needs some privacy. And while the Slippers were a nice touch, they felt sort of… clingy. And the Towels? Okay, I'm being petty, but they were a little thin. I'm a "fluffy towel" kind of girl, sue me!
Cleanliness and Safety: Germophobia's Dream?
Now, Covid-19 has made us all a little… obsessed with cleanliness, right? Avegoor seems to be on board with this, full throttle. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Rooms sanitized between stays? Check. They're pushing the hygiene harder than a teen pushing the latest TikTok trend. Hand sanitizer everywhere. Seriously, I probably could've bathed in it. Scratching an imaginary itch. They also have Staff trained in safety protocol. Good to know the people are trained to prevent spread, and they even have Cashless payment service.
I felt pretty safe. The Safe dining setup made me feel more comfortable eating at their restaurant. They also have Sterilizing equipment that I could not get my hands on. That made me a little sad.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food Glorious, Food – Sometimes
Let's talk food. Because, let's be honest, that's half the reason we go on holiday!
- Breakfast [buffet] - I LOVE a breakfast buffet! They had a Western breakfast, and even Asian breakfast. They had a [Coffee/tea in restaurant], and even a Coffee shop. That was pretty great.
- Restaurants - They had a A la carte in restaurant - The options were very great!. They had a Vegetarian restaurant, and even a International cuisine in restaurant. That was great!
- Poolside bar - The Poolside bar was where I spent some time…
- Bar - The Bar, they had a good option of drinks.
- Room service [24-hour] - Amazing!
My experience? Well, the Asian cuisine in restaurant was actually pretty good. A solid 7/10. The Happy hour, on the other hand, was a bit… underwhelming. Some watered-down concoctions that probably wouldn't impress a goldfish. The coffee, though? Surprisingly decent! I mean, it got me through a few meetings, so it was good enough by my standard. The Salad in restaurant was also really good. They had a decent amount of desserts.
Things to do: Relax, Recharge, and Maybe… Sweat?
Okay, this is where Avegoor tries to flex. The Spa/sauna, included a Sauna and Steamroom. They also have a Fitness center. I love the Pool with view, that was amazing! There was also a Swimming pool and an Swimming pool [outdoor]. They also had a Gym/fitness, that I did not try…
They also offered the **Body scrub** and **Body wrap**.
The Swimming pool [outdoor] was heavenly. Like, I spent an entire afternoon there, staring at the clouds and wondering if I should order another cocktail. Foot bath was a nice touch. The Massage was pretty decent. I also spent more time here. The Spa made a great job!
Services and Conveniences: The Little Extras (and the Missing Ones)
This is where the hotel either shines or… well, doesn't. Air conditioning in public area? Definite win, especially in the lobby. The Concierge was helpful (though, let's be real, I mostly just needed them to find a good taco place). Daily housekeeping was efficient; my room always felt pristine. Laundry service and Dry cleaning are always appreciated when you're traveling and doing laundry is a hassle.
I did appreciate the Cash withdrawal service. They also have a Convenience store, that I appreciated when I ran out of snacks.
On the other hand? Missing a few. Car power charging station? Sadly, no. Babysitting service? Yes. But I didn't need it. My kids are adults! Invoice provided – check. Safe deposit boxes – check. Meeting/banquet facilities – check. Plenty of Meeting stationery
Getting Around: Wheels on Wheels! (or Not)
Okay, Car park [free of charge] is a HUGE plus. Car park [on-site], is also there. Bicycle parking? Present. Airport transfer? Available, but I didn't use it. They have Taxi service, and Valet parking.
For the Kids: Fun Factor (or Lack Thereof)
Family/child friendly? Yes, I saw a lot of children here. Babysitting service present. Kids meal? Present. They had Kids facilities, The kids were very happy!
The Verdict: Worth the Trip? (Maybe… with a Few Caveats)
So, would I recommend Escape to Paradise: Fletcher Hotel Avegoor? That's a complicated question. It's not a perfect hotel, but it does have its charms. The Pool with view is to die for. The food can be great. The location is good for seeing some of the Dutch countryside. The staff are generally friendly (though, I've dealt with some hotel staff, that gave me the death stare the moment I stepped through the doors).
Here's the Deal:
If you're looking for: A relaxed getaway with decent food, a beautiful outdoor pool, and a generally clean and safe environment, Avegoor could be a good choice. But beware: Don't expect perfection. Prepare for the occasional elevator wait, and possibly thin towels. Also, if you like fluffy towels, bring your own!
My final rating? 7.5/10. It's not a five-star experience, but it's a solid, comfortable, and mostly enjoyable stay.
AND NOW… THE SALES PITCH (Because, well, I have to):
Unleash Your Inner Zen: Escape to Paradise at Fletcher Hotel Avegoor!
Tired of the daily grind? Craving a little "me time"? Then, ditch the stress and escape to Fletcher Hotel Avegoor. Nestled in the heart of the Dutch countryside, our hotel offers a perfect blend of relaxation, adventure, and, you know, slightly flawed but ultimately charming luxury.
Here's what awaits you:
- Breathe Deep: Indulge in our luxurious spa, complete with a heavenly pool, sauna, and steam room (because you deserve it).
- Feast Fit for a King (or Queen): Savor the flavors of international cuisine at our restaurant, or grab a quick bite at our poolside bar. Or, you can stay in and order room service and not be seen by another person!
- Get Cozy: Relax in our comfortable rooms, complete, a coffee/tea maker, seating area.
- Make Memories: Explore the beautiful surrounding area. This is the perfect place to relax!
But wait, there's more!
For a limited time, book your stay at Fletcher Hotel Avegoor and receive:
- Complimentary breakfast!
- Access to all of our luxurious spa facilities!

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because my trip to Fletcher Hotel Landgoed Avegoor in the Netherlands? It was less "polished travel blogger" and more "slightly-panicked sheep trying to navigate a scenic route." Here's the glorious, messy truth:
Day 1: Arrival and Existential Dread (But with Croissants!)
- 9:00 AM (ish): Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. Landed, survived the luggage carousel (a feat in itself), and found the rental car. "Reliable Dutchman-Mobile," I muttered as I unlocked it. It looked… fine. Maybe even Dutch. The navigation system, however, wasn’t so Dutch-speaking. Cue endless loops of "Recalculating" that almost drove me to tears.
- 11:00 AM (approximately): Finally, finally, found the road to Avegoor. The drive through the Dutch countryside was… picturesque. Seriously. Like, postcard-worthy. Cows grazing in fields, windmills lazily turning, and the air, oh the air! Fresh, clean, and smelling faintly of… well, cows. It was all so idyllic!
- 12:30 PM (more or less): Arrived at Fletcher Hotel Landgoed Avegoor. Whoa. The place is… well, it's a landgoed! Which, apparently, means "estate." It's a freaking castle! Okay, maybe not technically a castle, but a grand old manor house. I felt wildly underdressed in my jeans and slightly-stained travel tee.
- 1:00 PM: Check-in. The receptionist was charming, spoke perfect English, and handed me a key with the nonchalant air of someone who hands out keys to castles all day long. I, on the other hand, fumbled with my luggage, almost tripped over the welcome mat, and muttered something about "being tired." I did manage to get a croissant and coffee from the café downstairs. Saved by the pastry gods.
- 2:00 PM: The room. Okay, the room was nice, but after the awe of the building… Well, the room was nice. The bed was huge. The bathroom was… clean. The window overlooked the grounds, and I spent a good five minutes staring out, questioning my life choices and wondering if I should just abandon everything and become a professional croissant-eater.
- 3:00 PM: Found the pool. Decided to dive in. The water was cold. I did two laps and then got out to avoid the thought of hypothermia.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner: I went to the restaurant. Food? Meh. I ate it. The service was attentive. The wine was good. I felt a strange kinship with the other guests, mostly older couples speaking various languages I didn't know. I think we all looked equally confused by the menu's complex descriptions.
- 9:00 PM: Back to the room. I went to bed.
Day 2: Avegoor Immersion and The Deep Dive into the Dutch Afternoon
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. The breakfast buffet? Impressive! Cheese, meats, fresh bread… and more croissants! I may have overdone it. No regrets. I felt like I was fueling up for a cycling event, though I had no cycling plans.
- 10:00 AM: Walked around the grounds. More cows. More idyllic scenes. I even saw a tiny rabbit. It was all very "children's book aesthetic." I wished I had a pith helmet and a monocle.
- 11:00 AM: Decided to rent a bike. This was a mistake. I hadn't ridden a bike in… well, let's just say it had been a while. The bike was fine, the gears were a little sticky, and the "bike path" was mostly gravel. I almost crashed into a family of ducks. Twice. I have a new respect for Dutch cyclists. Those people are serious.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch. Found a little café in a nearby village. Ordered "local specialties." It turned out to be something involving pickled herring. I ate it. With a grimace. At least the fries were good.
- 1:00 PM: Bike ride (continued). I was starting to get the hang of it… until I took a wrong turn and ended up in a muddy field. I fell off the bike. I swear, I heard the bike snicker.
- 2:00 PM: The Spa. Ah, the spa. I went back to the hotel and booked the spa. I needed it. I needed so badly. Massages, hot tub. I fell asleep during my massage. But it was heavenly - worth all the euros!
- 4:00 PM: The Afternoon Delight - Cake and Coffee and a Revelation: I went back to my room and ordered coffee and cake. As I was eating my cake, looking out the window, I just kind of… chilled. No thoughts, no obligations, just the sweet, sweet bliss of doing nothing. It was amazing. I think I finally understand "hygge." It was what I needed.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. Went to a different restaurant. More local cuisine. This time, no herring. Hallelujah!
- 9:00 PM: Back in the room. Watched TV. It was all in Dutch. I pretended I understood it. Went to bed.
Day 3: Leaving and a Sad Goodbye (But with Waffles!)
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. More croissants. More cheese. More… everything. This time, I ate a whole plate of waffles as if I were going to compete for them. It was a sad goodbye. But, you know, I was eating waffles.
- 10:00 AM: Last-minute wander around the grounds. Said goodbye to the cows. Felt a pang of sadness at leaving this little bubble of tranquility. I actually may have teared up a little bit.
- 11:00 AM: Check-out. The receptionist, the ever-charming angel, asked if I enjoyed my stay. I said yes. I meant it.
- 11:30 AM: That dreaded drive back to Amsterdam Schiphol. The navigation system was still being difficult. But I had the wind in my hair. Literally, because I had the windows down. I also had waffle remnants in my teeth. And a feeling of… well, contentment.
- 1:00 PM (ish): Returned the Dutch-Mobile. Said goodbye to my trusty companion. I almost kissed it.
- 2:00 PM: Flight back home. Ate something that tasted like cardboard. Missed the cows instantly.
- Aftermath: I might have gained 5 pounds. I might have slightly damaged my bicycle. I might have developed a deep and abiding love for croissants. But I survived. And I wouldn't trade my messy, imperfect, utterly human trip to Fletcher Hotel Landgoed Avegoor for anything. Now, where's the next Wafflehouse?

Escape to Paradise: Fletcher Hotel Avegoor - FAQ (Straight from the Gutter, Baby!)
Okay, spill the tea: Is Avegoor *really* as ridiculously luxurious as they claim? My credit card’s already sweating…
Alright, honest moment. "Ridiculously luxurious"… well, it depends. It's definitely *fancy*. Think… imagine you walk into a place and immediately feel underdressed, even in your best jeans. That's the vibe. The lobby? Chandeliers that could house a small family, marble floors you could ice skate on (I almost did, honestly). My first thought? "Where do I hide the crumbs from my stroopwafel?" They *do* hand you a welcome drink, a classy little cocktail, and my reaction was pure, unadulterated: "Oh. My. God. This is the life."
But, and this is a big but (pun intended, because I ate *all* the pastries), it's not perfect. The "lake view” from my room? More of a "partial, slightly obstructed view of a pond" situation. And remember, I'm a regular gal, not some influencer with a perfect Instagram life! So, yeah, luxurious-ish. Mostly. Worth it? You'll have to read on...
The food! I'm a foodie. Is the gastronomy just as swoon-worthy as the marketing materials?
Oh. My. God. The food. Okay, so I have a confession: I judged the hotel *entirely* on the breakfast buffet. And… it did not disappoint. Like, seriously. I’m talking a whole station dedicated to eggs, cooked any damn way you like. Freshly squeezed orange juice (because, apparently, I deserve that now). And the bread basket? Forget about it. I'm pretty sure I gained five pounds just *looking* at it. There was a flaky croissant that literally melted in my mouth. I’m not kidding, I think I saw actual tears welling up in my eyes as I ate it. (Okay, maybe it was crumbs in my eyes.)
Dinner… well, dinner was an experience. The main restaurant's a bit too formal for my taste, actually. I felt self-conscious of my slightly-too-loud laughter. The food was impeccable, don't get me wrong - beautifully presented, tiny portions, and full of fancy words I didn't understand but I *knew* tasted great. Definitely recommended. But if you're like me - someone who accidentally spills red wine on themselves and then pretends it's part of the "look" - maybe stick to the buffet. More relaxed. Less judgemental waiters. Just sayin’.
Spa Day! Tell me about the spa! Is it actually relaxing? I have the stress of a thousand deadlines!
Okay, the spa. This is where things get… complicated. The *idea* of the spa? Heaven. A fluffy robe, a calming massage, all your worries melting away like… well, like a croissant in my mouth (again with the food, sorry!).
The reality? Well, let's just say my experience wasn't *quite* as zen as the brochures promised. First, the robe. It's like, a *really* fluffy robe. But *too* fluffy. I kept tripping over it. Classic me, I’ll trip over air if I get the chance! The massage itself was lovely, although I spent the first fifteen minutes trying not to giggle because the masseuse kept talking about (and I'm not kidding) "chakra alignment." (I don't even know what that is.) Then, at one point during the massage, someone decided to start drilling something *right outside* the treatment room. *Drilling*. Seriously. The whole "melting away" bit got kind of… interrupted. But hey, at least I have a funny story to tell about it. And my skin was *glowing* afterwards! (mostly from the oil, let's be real.)
What about the location? Is it actually a good base for exploring?
The location is… quaint. It’s definitely not in the middle of a bustling city, which is either a plus or a minus, depending on your vibe. If you're looking for peace and quiet, you've *got* it. The hotel is surrounded by some gorgeous countryside, beautiful parks and walking trails. I went for a walk, but I only made it like, ten minutes before finding a bench and deciding that watching people was much more interesting. (Judge me all you want.) There's a charming little town nearby, perfect for a wander and some souvenirs. But to be honest? I spent most of my time at the hotel. The comfy beds, the amazing breakfast… it was all just too tempting.
However, you're kinda stuck for transport if you don't have a car. Ubers, very rare. Bus, every hour, if you're lucky. So, consider your options if you have grand adventures in mind. For me? A lazy hotel day was the perfect vibe.
Any hidden fees? Do I need to sell a kidney to pay the bill?
Okay, the dreaded hidden fees. Honestly, the price is stated up front. No ridiculous "resort fees" or anything like that. That said, the little things add up. Like, the ridiculously expensive mini-bar. I peered in there, gasped at the prices, and then decided to sneak down to the local shop for snacks. The drinks at the bar are also pricey. And, of course, you'll be tempted to buy ridiculously fancy souvenirs in the gift shop. My advice? Set a budget. And stick to it, unlike I did. My bill? Let's just say my credit card is still trembling in fear.
But listen, you're on vacation. Live a little! (Just… maybe not *too* much.)
Is it kid-friendly? I have a small army I need to keep entertained.
I did not see *many* children, if I'm being honest. It felt like a place for adults to escape. So, no, I can't answer this with absolute certainty. But from my observations? The vibe is definitely more "refined peace and quiet" than "screaming kids running wild." There's no specific kids' club. There is a pool, but it didn't look particularly splash-tastic. So, if you have a small army that thrives on organized chaos? Probably not the best fit. My guess, but if you want tranquility... this may be it.
Overall, would you recommend escaping to Fletcher Hotel Avegoor?
Okay, deep breath. Yes. Mostly. Look, it's not perfect. It's going to cost you. And there might be some minor hiccups (like, you know, drilling during your massage). But the food? The fluffy robes? The feeling of… well, feeling like you're living a life you can'Book Hotels Now

