
Unbelievable RBS Gardens in Kenya: Kengen's Hidden Paradise!
Unbelievable RBS Gardens: Kengen's Hidden Paradise – A Kenyan Getaway That Might Actually Blow Your Mind (And Your Budget, Kinda)!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from RBS Gardens, and I’m still processing. This place isn’t just a hotel; it’s a… well, it claims to be a hidden paradise. And honestly? It’s got a damn good case. Let me break it down, warts and all, because let's be real, perfection is boring.
First Impressions & Getting There: The Rollercoaster Begins!
Accessibility: Now, I’m not a wheelchair user, so I can't give you a definitive verdict on all the wheelchair-accessible aspects. But from what I saw, they're trying. The entrances are at least relatively smooth, and they boast "Facilities for disabled guests." However, I HIGHLY recommend calling ahead and getting the nitty-gritty details from someone who REALLY knows. Don’t just trust a brochure – ask REAL questions. Getting There & Getting Around: Reaching RBS involves a bit of a drive. Airport transfer is on offer, which is a lifesaver after a long flight. They also have free onsite parking, which is a major win (especially for us budget-conscious travelers!). They even have a car power charging station - which I find so amazing!
The Room – My Sanctuary… and Maybe Yours Too?
Available in all rooms: There are a ton of things available in all rooms. From the air conditioning, alarm clock, bathrobes, bathroom phone, bathtub, blackout curtains, carpeting, closet, coffee/tea maker, complimentary tea, daily housekeeping, desk, extra long bed, free bottled water, hair dryer, high floor, in-room safe box, interconnecting room(s) available, internet access – LAN, internet access – wireless, ironing facilities, laptop workspace, linens, mini bar, mirror, non-smoking, on-demand movies, private bathroom, reading light, refrigerator, safety/security feature, satellite/cable channels, scale, seating area, separate shower/bathtub, shower, slippers, smoke detector, socket near the bed, sofa, soundproofing, telephone, toiletries, towels, umbrella, visual alarm, wake-up service, wi-fi [free], and a window that opens.
The room: Okay, let's talk rooms. Honestly, the photo on the website slightly undersells it. It’s spacious, clean (thank you, the "Rooms sanitized between stays" and "Room sanitization opt-out available" for peace of mind), and the bed? Heavenly. Seriously, I could have stayed in that bed for a week and been perfectly content. They also have Interconnecting rooms. The extra long bed was great.
The Wi-Fi, though… let’s just say it’s a bit… temperamental. "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" doesn't always translate to instant streaming. The "Internet access – LAN" might be a better bet if you NEED a solid connection.
Food, Glorious Food (and the Occasional Hiccup!)
Dining, drinking, and snacking: They have a lot to offer. They have A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, and Western cuisine in restaurant.
Breakfast: The breakfast buffet is a must. Honestly, the Asian breakfast was surprisingly good! You got your Western staples, sure, but branch out! Try the local dishes – you won’t regret it. The coffee, however… needs some work. (I'm a coffee snob, sue me.)
Restaurants: the restaurants were a joy, and there was a lot of variety. the fact that the "Room service [24-hour]" existed was a blessing.
The Spa & Relaxation: Finding My Zen (Eventually!)
Things to do, ways to relax: Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]. Spa: The spa experience? Okay, this is where things got… interesting. I opted for a massage. The masseuse, bless her heart, was clearly trying, but the “relaxing music” sounded suspiciously like elevator music played on a broken loop. But… the massage itself? Pure bliss. My shoulders, which usually feel like concrete blocks, melted into a puddle of happy goo. The Pool with view and outdoor swimming pool were also amazing.
The Pools & Fitness Center: The swimming pool is stunning, and the view from it is breathtaking. The fitness center is decent, if a little… basic. But hey, at least it's there!
Cleanliness, Safety & the COVID-19 Tango:
Cleanliness and safety: Anti-viral cleaning products, Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment.
Cleanliness and Safety: This place is taking COVID seriously, which I REALLY appreciated. Hand sanitizer everywhere, staff wearing masks, and they're clearly putting in the effort to maintain a safe environment. I felt genuinely comfortable, which is saying something!
Services & Conveniences: Perks and Quirks
Services and conveniences: Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center.
They have a lot of what you'd expect. The convenience store is handy for grabbing forgotten essentials (or late-night snacks!). The concierge was super helpful with arranging taxis and offering recommendations. I didn’t use the "Business facilities," but hey, options are good, right?
For the Kids (and the Kid in You!) For the kids: Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal. If you're traveling with kids, this place is pretty great. They have babysitting services and facilities.
My Quirky Observations & Emotional Reactions (aka the Real Stuff!):
- The Staff: The staff is unbelievably friendly and helpful. They genuinely seem to care. The doorman greeted me every morning with a smile, making me feel welcome.
- The "Hidden" Part: "Kengen's Hidden Paradise" is a bit of an overstatement. It's not completely hidden, and there are signs, but the surrounding landscape is beautiful.
- That Moment I Almost Got Lost: One evening, I wandered off the path. It was dark and the path was not marked. I had to call the front desk to find the way back.
- The Soundproofing: The walls are not too soundproof.
- The Water Pressure: The water pressure was not great.
- Overall Vibe: The place has a unique charm. It’s not super-slick and polished, but it’s authentic.
Final Verdict: Should You Go? Absolutely! (But… Read this First!)
RBS Gardens isn’t perfect. It has its quirks, but that’s part of its charm. It’s a place where you can truly relax, recharge, and experience the beauty of Kenya. It's a great hotel.
My Recommendation: GO. But set your expectations accordingly. Embrace the imperfections! Book it!
Here's my offer to persuade your target audience to book:
Unbelievable RBS Gardens: Get Your Kenyan Escape!
Tired of the same old boring vacations? Craving an adventure, a moment of pure bliss, and a chance to truly unwind?
Then escape to RBS Gardens, Kengen's Hidden Paradise! Experience the magic of Kenya with:
- Breathtaking views: Wake up to stunning scenery and soak in the sun by the pool with a view!
- Luxurious comfort: Spacious rooms, heavenly beds - your perfect sanctuary awaits!
- Culinary Delights: Savor the flavors of Kenya.
- Unforgettable Spa: Let the expert massage melt your stress away.
- Convenience & Safety: Relax with all the amenities you need.
- COVID-19 Safety: They're taking precautions, so you can travel with peace of mind.
**Book your stay at RBS Gardens
Escape to Paradise: Germany's Kranichrast National Park Hotel Awaits!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups! Kengen RBS Gardens, Kenya, here we come! This isn't your perfectly-Instagrammed travel guide; this is the raw, unfiltered, probably slightly-hungover reality of my impending botanical adventure.
Day 1: Arrival and "Holy Avocado, I'm in Kenya!"
- Morning (ish): Land in Nairobi. Try to conquer jet lag. Fail spectacularly. My internal clock is, apparently, set to "permanently confused." The customs line? Let's just say it involved a frantic search for a misplaced passport (mine, of course) and a near-heart attack while trying to explain the contents of my suitcase (mostly, enough snacks to fuel a small army).
- Afternoon: Hire a driver (because let's be honest, navigating Kenyan roads on my own is a recipe for disaster and a potential international incident). The drive to Kengen RBS Gardens? Beautiful. Seriously. So beautiful my jaw actually ached from staring out the window. The driver, bless his heart, just chuckled at my constant "Oohs" and "Aahs." He probably deals with this all the time.
- Late Afternoon: Arrive at Kengen RBS Gardens. Check-in. Get a room! It's charming, in a slightly-rustic-and-the-toilet-might-not-flush-every-time kind of way. (Adds to the charm, right? Right?)
- Evening: Dinner. The staff were lovely, and the food? Glorious! I think I'm going to become a regular at this place. Ate a veritable mountain of food, and then spent the rest of the night battling mosquito swarms. Lost.
Day 2: Flora, Fauna, and a Near-Disaster with a Baboon
- Morning: Awoken by birds. Not the cute, chirping kind. The loud, raucous, "ARE YOU AWAKE YET?" kind. Turns out, they're trying to steal my breakfast! I venture out to the gardens for a guided tour, which is an absolute sensory explosion. The scent of frangipani is intoxicating, the colors of the bougainvillea are blindingly bright, and honestly, I'm pretty sure my brain is currently overloaded with prettiness overload. But then…
- Mid-morning: Meet a baboon. Not a planned meet-up, mind you. This guy, this cheeky baboon, decided my backpack was a tasty-looking buffet. He snatched my granola bar, ripped open my sunscreen (RIP, my expensive SPF!), and gave me a look that said, "You're next, lady." I'm pretty sure I screamed like a small child. Good times.
- Afternoon: Re-group. I'm sitting on my bed, nursing a bruised ego and a minor fear of primates. After regrouping, I make my way to the gardens for a long walk hoping to forget about the baboon.
- Late Afternoon: Double down on the "gardens" experience. I spend several hours just wandering, taking pictures of everything, smelling every flower, sketching some of the bizarre-looking plants (attempting to capture their essence, mostly failing). I swear I saw a plant that looked suspiciously like it was judging me.
- Evening: Dinner, again. I take the staff's suggestion and try the grilled fish. Oh. My. Goodness. The fish, the spices, the view… It was worth the price of the plane ticket. This time, there was an epic sunset, painting the sky with every shade of orange and pink. I feel like I could live here.
Day 3: The Mysterious Tea Plantation and a Moment of Zen (or Maybe Just Caffeination)
- Morning: A trip to a nearby tea plantation. I am a massive tea lover, so this place is my mecca. The rolling hills carpeted in verdant tea bushes were a sight to behold. The air was crisp and fragrant. I learned how tea is grown, harvested, and processed, and even sampled a few different varieties. I felt like I was in a movie.
- Mid-morning: The tea tasting! This isn't your dainty, pinky-out tea party, either. This is a deep dive into the world of tea. The guide was passionate and knowledgeable. I took a million notes. So much that I probably look crazy to someone watching me.
- Afternoon: Some more meandering. I go back to the spot where I sketched, but I never really got it right. The picture is still stuck in my head.
- Evening: I try to sit still somewhere and just be. I get a feeling for the air, the sounds, the colors of the flowers. I'm probably just exhausted, but whatever it is, it's good.
Day 4: Departure and Existential Thoughts (and a Vow to Return)
Morning: Wake up to the sound of the birds. I have to go, but I don't want to. Last-minute breakfast and a final wander through the gardens. I feel like I'm leaving a piece of myself in this beautiful place.
Afternoon: Fly back to Nairobi, then home. I am already making plans to come back. I wish I'd been able to stay longer. I will be back!
Evening: Back home. Re-entering the real world is brutal. I'm going to spend the next week in a haze of travel memories.
The Wrap-Up:
Kengen RBS Gardens, you magnificent, baboon-infested paradise, you. You were beautiful, challenging, and utterly unforgettable. I may have nearly been mugged by a primate, lost my passport, and consumed enough food to feed a small village, but it was worth it. I will be back. And next time, I'm bringing a bigger backpack – and maybe a baboon-proof snack container.
Dubai's Kempinski Boulevard: Luxury Redefined (5-Star Paradise!)
Unbelievable RBS Gardens in Kenya: Kengen's Hidden Paradise! (or is it?) - FAQs & Ramblings!
Okay, so what *exactly* are these "RBS Gardens"? Sounds kinda… corporate.
My first visit, I was skeptical. Totally ready to be unimpressed. Armed with my camera and a whole lotta side-eye. Then I stumbled across a HUGE field of sunflowers, as tall as me (and I'm not short!). Sunflowers! In the middle of… well, everything. I nearly choked on my own jaw hitting the ground. And then the butterflies started. Literally hundreds fluttering around. Okay Kengen, you got me. You really, *really* got me.
Where are these gardens located? Do I need a special security clearance or something?
Security? Oh, yes. Expect security. You're dealing with power plants, my friend! Don't expect to just waltz in. You'll likely need to contact Kengen, or maybe go through a local guide, or someone who *knows* someone who works there (that's the Kenyan way!). Patience is key. Actually, I'd say try to have patience, but I'm terrible at it. I once spent an hour arguing with a gatekeeper about seeing the gardens, promising him the world and a free lunch… (which I didn't deliver, I'm not that organized). Don’t be me!
What can you actually *do* in the RBS Gardens? Picnic? Climb trees? Wander aimlessly?
Tree climbing? Probably not the smartest idea. Unless you fancy a chat with armed guards! Wandering aimlessly? Absolutely! That's half the fun! I've found hidden waterfalls, secluded benches overlooking stunning gorges and even… (whispers) a small, slightly dodgy-looking, but beautifully maintained rose garden.
My biggest regret? Not bringing a book. Hours can melt away just soaking it all in. Oh, and wear sensible shoes. Trust me on this one. I learned the hard way, tripping over a root in a pair of pristine white sneakers. (Don't judge. They looked good at the time.)
Is it worth the effort to visit? I mean, is it REALLY that amazing?
One of my most vivid memories? Sitting by a lake, watching a pair of fish eagles soar overhead. Just them, me, and the stunning, untouched, beautiful scenery. The silence! (Apart from the eagles' calls, obviously). It was pure bliss.
However, and I am being SUPER honest here, remember it's Kenya. Things don't always go as planned. Be prepared for potential delays, unexpected fees, and the occasional grumpy guard. But honestly? The beauty of these gardens makes it all worthwhile. Just remember to pack your patience, your camera, and maybe a good book... and don't forget the sunscreen! Seriously, that Kenyan sun is fierce.
Are there any downsides? (Besides corporate sponsorships, I mean…)
And let's be real; it's not exactly a "wildlife sanctuary." They’re manicured, not wild. You're more likely to see a carefully placed rose bush than a pride of lions. Though on one trip I was convinced I saw a baboon... or maybe it was a particularly large monkey. Anyway, my point is, don't expect untouched wilderness.
But the biggest downside? Realizing how much beauty Kenya holds, and how much of it remains hidden. These gardens, as lovely as they are, feel like only a tiny glimpse of the potential.
What's the best time to visit? and Is there a "best" garden to start with?
Which garden to start with? Good question. The Seven Forks area, with its multiple dams and varied landscapes, is probably the most well-known. I would *personally* suggest you ask around. Seriously. Ask everyone. Local guides, people at your hotel, anyone who looks like they know something. Word of mouth is GOLD. I once got a tip about a "secret" garden near a small town... and Oh. My. Goodness. It was spectacular. (But, alas, I can't tell you where. It's a secret!)
My advice? Be prepared to explore. Be open to surprises. And for goodness sake, don't be afraid to get a little lost.
Is it ethical to visit sponsored gardens? Does my money support a company I might disagree with?

